COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
200 g sushi rice, cooked
according to the instructions
on the packet
250 g minced beef (20% fat)
Salt, freshly ground pepper
50 g butter
50 ml soy sauce
1 bunch large radishes
1 cucumber (or 2 fresh gherkins)
100 g mayonnaise
1 tsp wasabi
Oil for the griddle
1. Spread the rice out to a thickness of 2 cm over a
moistened chopping board (or use a rolling pin).
Use a biscuit cutter (4-cm diameter) to cut out 20
2. Season the mince with salt and pepper and spread
out to a thickness of 2 cm over a moistened
chopping board. Use the biscuit cutter to cut out
ten patties and set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the
soy sauce. Keep warm.
4. Cut the radishes into ten slices with a diameter of
about 4 cm and lightly season with salt. Cut the
cucumbers into 3-cm thick slices with a diameter of
about 4 cm. Remove the soft core and seeds.
5. Mix the mayonnaise with the wasabi.
6. Brown the rice buns on one side on an oiled
griddle. Cook the patties on the griddle over direct
heat for about 10 minutes, turning them over
twice, until they turn brown and crispy.
7. Place ten rice buns browned side down, then
assemble the burgers by topping with a slice of
radish, a patty and a cucumber ring. Fill the
middle of the cucumber ring with the wasabi
mayonnaise and cover with the second bun,
browned side up. Drizzle the burger with the
warm soy butter, pierce with a skewer to hold it in
place, and serve immediately.
Recipes taken from: